It is mandatory by law to have car insurance. It protects you from unexpected situations while you are on the road driving. There can be a situation when your car suddenly bumps into a vehicle right ahead of it? A flat tyre or a key lock-out will put you in a tight spot with no way to move the vehicle? What if the situation was more serious, such as an accident resulting in permanent disability or injury to third party? How will you cope with the financial burden arising from these problems? You need car insurance to protect you from such losses.
How to get car insurance?
It is easy to get car insurance online. This saves time and money. A quote can be generated by using the calculator to fetch the premium for the coverage that you want. After finding the cost for the desired coverage, fill the online insurance application form and submit it. Payment for the policy can be made online through credit card, debit card or net banking.
How does car insurance protect you?
If you are worried about the expenses involved in taking car insurance, opt for a basic policy. It provides good protection but does not cost much. The policy will pay out for the following situations:
- Damage to vehicle caused by accident or fire
- Loss of vehicle due to theft
- Accident causing loss of life or permanent disability to driver or fellow passengers
- Damage to third party vehicle
- Damage to third party property
If you experience any of these losses, make a claim on the policy. Making a car accident claim is very easy. You have to fill an online claim form and submit it along with required documents. After the documents are reviewed, payment will be made for the expenses.
You can get more benefits from car insurance policy by opting for add-ons such as:
- Coverage for depreciation – If the car is damaged, this cover will pay the full value of the replaced part
- Coverage for medical expenses – In case of an accident, it pays for physical injury to driver and passengers
- Personal accident cover for passengers – If there is loss of life or permanent disability for passengers, this cover pays a lump sum
- Daily cash allowance – If you are admitted to the hospital due to car accident, this cover pays for daily cash expenses, for a maximum period of 30 days
You can get a deduction on the premium if your car has an anti-theft device, approved by ARAI or a voluntary deductible. In case you sell the car, existing insurance can be transferred to the new owner.
Kirti Saxena is a web enthusiast and a writer for different areas including insurance and banking and numerous other sectors. For more information visit: Car Accident Claim and Car Insurance Policy .