Medicare is the public health plan for senior citizens and the disabled, in the United States of America. Though it is a valued health plan for US citizens, it does not cover everything. Like dental and optical health is not covered in this plan. Thus, a lot of people often end up paying hundred of dollars on expensive dental as well as vision treatments along with doctor visits. However, there are good health insurance companies in America, whose offer vision as well as dental insurances for eye and teeth health. Such insurances yield multiple benefits.
Vision insurance is basically a type of insurance policy that takes cares of eye care health expenses. It's like Medicare only; the difference is a vision plan caters to expenses pertaining to optometrists and different types of eye treatment procedures and medical bills. One needs to pay a minimum amount of money as annual or monthly premium charges and enjoy the benefits in return. Such health plans are available for individual as well for a family.
Benefits of Vision Insurance
- One can enjoy regular eye checkups as and when needed
- Under this type of insurances costs of expensive procedures such as cataract surgery or LASIK is covered.
- Cost of a pair of spectacles or contact lenses or even regular lenses are usually very high. With such insurances one need not worry about the cost
- The premium charges of vision insurance is very low so doesn't strain one's wallet
- Reimbursements of medicine bills pertaining to eyes
Often people tend not to give proper attention to teeth problems. However, bad teeth condition can severely affect one's general health. Often due to lack of funds or due to expensive dental treatment procedures, we look oral health; however, a good dental plan can is a great solution this problem. A competent and well planned dental insurance is a great way to enjoy proper oral health throughout the year. Such dental plans are available for individuals as well as for the entire family with the aim to improve the general oral condition through its many benefits
Benefits of Dental Insurance
- It helps to improve teeth and gum conditions through regular doctors check up
- Minimum costing teeth treatments like brushing, screening or flossing is covered under such insurances
- Cost of basic teeth treatments like fluoride treatments, filling or teeth X-rays are reimbursed
- Cost of other dental procedures treatment of gum disease, extraction and restoration of tooth as well as root canal therapy as also provided
- Such dental plans also covers costs of inlays, crowns, bridges, inlays, and full or partial dentures which are often part of dental treatment.
- This is especially beneficial if there are children in the family as children often have gum problems and regular doctor's check up can be a costly affair.
- Also the insurance covers the expenses of major dental surgeries
- Cost of medicine pertaining to oral health is also reimbursed by dental insurance plans.
- Lastly, the premium is not very high.
Louise Friesen is based in America and has been working in the insurance sector for many years. He loves to write about different types of health insurances , review help and guide his readers towards a healthier lifestyle.